Saturday 5 January 2013

LENZIE JOG 2/01/2013

A little fun run for me but I am sure this was one of the most important days of my wee boys athletics career and the start of his 2024 Olympic dream. A damp morning did not even put him off and as soon as he saw me putting on my running gear he was searching his cupboard for his trainers and the juice cupboard for his lucozade for after the run. So over to Lenzie and stand in line to register for the 2k run, a really reasonable entry fee of £1 for me and 50p for the little guy, heck if only all races were so generously priced!!!! Number 325 for me and 326 for Andrew, question is what order would they finish.




Nerves were not apparent as he stripped of his jacket and handed it to mum along with his hat, I think he meant business. The race started along with the 9k and 4.5k and we headed off from the back with dozens of other family teams, a real treat to see so many youngsters out enjoying themselves and mums and dads trailing along in their wake as they pursued the leaders. I had my garmin on to record his first race and I made the mistake of telling him he was only half way round as I was set for miles. On the wee climb to the finishing straight I promised him he was nearly there and he hared off and left me as can be seen in the next photo.


He was not for a joint finish or any of that nonsense he just wanted to beat dad and finished with great delight. Not seen any results but they don't matter as this was just about having fun with the family. An excellent event supported by about 270 finishers over the 3 races.

Andrew's garmin details here :  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/257013637
On Thursday morning as I was slipping my trainers on for an early run the wee man came bounding down the stairs and the cry was  'can I come with you on your run this morning dad?' . I think mummy is going to have more running gear to clean in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment