Wednesday 5 December 2012

YAKTRAX TEST

With no sign of the packed ice on the pavements shifting I bit the bullet and decided that after Sundays falling down session I would finally give in and add a bit of traction to my shoes. I have ordered a pair of  "Ice Runner" grippers online but will not be here for a few days so a quick call to my mate Gav @ Sweatshop Glasgow and a pair of Yaktrax were on my feet ready for a christening along my Tuesday evening run from Anniesland to Bishopbriggs. This would allow me to stay upright and enjoy all the Christmas decor along Bilsland Drive, which most Glasgow residents know is always the street to go along to see the first tree of the season and normally an indication Easter has passed.



The Yaktrax were easy to fit and after the initial mile or two I did actually stop and check to see if they were still there as I could not feel them on my shoes. The only time I noticed them was when the ice ran out and I was on tarmac but even then they were fine for running on. I actually added a few sharp left and right hand corners to give them an extra test and they passed with flying colours. Seven miles on mostly packed ice and no slips at all, excelent product and it does what it says on the box. The ice runners are going to have to go some to beat these but time will tell and so shall I.

2 comments:

  1. Gerry, it will be interesting to see how the Ice Grippers perform. I use Kahtoola microspikes - not cheap but they're brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They arrived this morning but the ice has departed.I will get them tested in the next few weeks as the weather looks as if its going to get worse later in the week.

      Delete